How often do you get to accept an award before you have even had your first cup of coffee in the morning? For that matter while still in your pj’s?
That was my joy this morning as I sat down to check my emails before really getting my day started!
I’m am so thrilled. Where do I make my long-winded acceptance speech? Oh. Here huh? Okay. Well I’d like to thank my manager..but I dont’ have one. I’d also like to thank my dog Charlie who keeps me on schedule (his) but there isn’t much point. As much as I know he loves me he never reads my blog. So instead I’ll thank the lovely Hajra for awarding me this.
Wait…RULES! There are some rules I appraently must follow when accepting this award and they aren’t even about walking the red carpet! What? No red carpet? Oh there will BE a red carpet! You simply cannot have an award ceremony with no red carpet. Can’t be done (pretty sure).
There, that’s better. Now back to these rules. Alrighty first I must share 7 random things about myself. 7? Hmm..how very fairy tale-ish. Another good reason for the red carpet.
- I’m a firm believer in eating something for breakfast. Especially if that something is homemade apple pie.
- I love to drive. Road trips are FUN.
- I like to joke around by playing on words.
- My motto in life is Life is short so eat dessert first. Literally and figuratively I live by this.
- I am a passionate animal advocate and yes, I’ve been to a rally or two.
- There are days when if you pricked me with a needle I’d probabaly bleed coffee.
- I loved, loved, LOVED university. The joy of having my mind opened, real discussion about issues…just awesome. If I coud afford not to work I’d gladly be a professional student. My only regret was that I couldn’t take more classes outside my major.
The second rule is my favourite part..you know right after getting all dressed up and accepting this award in front of millions of adoring fans. I get to share this award with 7 people I think are also worthy! These are folks whom I love to follow myself, I have learned from and are super creative bloggers. Hence the award.
- Roy Ackerman, Ph.D., EA, at The Adjuvancy
- Melanie Kissell at Solo Mompreneur
- Tambre Leighn at Coaching by Tambre
- Sweepy Jean at Sweepy Jean Explores the (webby) world 3.25
- Steve Weitzenkorn at Find, Fullfil, Flourish
- Jessica Swanson at Shoestring Marketing
- Sandra Ahten at Reasonable Diet
How’s that for fun? The hard part was trying to decide on only seven bloggers. There are so many great ones out there! That and I keep thinking of more random things about myself and wondering if that fact is more interesting. I am going to secretly add one here and that’s I like to find ways around rules I’m not a fan of. (see what I did there?) It’s true.
I will now take my bow and begin looking forward to other people’s happy dances because they also got an award!