I guess I’m pretty passionate about getting my message out there in the big wide world. I suppose I might, on occasion, get a bit riled up and pull out my soap box but I promise you it’s because I care.
A couple of days ago a friend and I were talking about an issue she was having at work. At one point she rolled her eyes at me and said “hold on, I know what you’re going to say here…mindset right?” I had to laugh because she was exactly right.
The thing is your mindset touches everything. It affects how you see and recieve life. Not sure you believe me? Let’s explore a little here:
- you want to lose weight? —> mindset matters big time
- job issues stressing you out? –> mindset can help you manage the issues
- parenting is hard isn’t it? –> mindset can change your way of parenting
- relationship issues? –> mindset helps you solve problems without anger
- single and can’t understand why? –> might just be your mindset
- dealing with an injury that creates painful living? –> mindset makes a difference in pain and your ability to manage it
- upheavals in life happen but can leave you feeling lost –> mindset helps you manage the stress
- want to start a business? –> mindset can make or break it
- trouble with money? –> mindset can help you change your relationship with money
You see where I’m going with this right? You have my point? Your mindset matters!
The truth is your thoughts create your life. Your mindset creates the thoughts; good or bad.
Here’s the good news!! You can choose and change your mind at any point, at any time to serve you better.
Now you know the truth. No escaping it now. You have to do the work, make the choice and stand up in your own life and to choose better.
Don’t get stuck in the idea that what you believed yesterday must be dragged into today. I mean you wouldn’t continue to sit on a chair that was broken right? Or read a book with half the pages missing? It just doesn’t work. SO, get rid of the chair, book and that yuck mindset and order up a new one.
I might take time to get comfortable in this new chair; just as it will take time for your new mindset to become your familiar default. You may need to do some adjusting until it feels just right for you, but you can do it. It is so worth it. (Contact me if you want some help getting started)
This is where affirmations can work so beautifully. They help us replace that old yuck mindset with one that works for us. I have been working with affirmations for a long time now and I’ll be honest I wasn’t sold on them at first. It seemed a little out there (science agrees it works) or even too easy (it’s not). I can tell you this…it works.
When you change what you believe, then your actions change as well. This is where you start building a life you love.
Today’s affirmation: I am open and ready to receive all the good and abundance the Universe has to offer.